MIDHURST TENNIS CLUB RULES
All members must agree to operate within the agreed Rules, Policies and Procedures of the club.
- All players are asked to wear recognised tennis shoes at all times and appropriate clothing especially for matches.
- Members should ensure that all club balls are retrieved and returned to the club house after play, unless it is unsafe to do so.
- Any behaviour, language or comments that upset or distract other players are unacceptable. Complaints should be passed to the committee and will be followed up.
- Members should ensure that the nets are lowered after use.
- Children under the age of 16 should always be accompanied by an adult when either playing or attending the Playing Fields.
- Children over the age of 11 should be supported and encouraged to play with adults at club play times where appropriate.
- Members should ensure that all players are included at club play times. At the end of each set players should mix in with different players where possible.
- Members representing Midhurst Tennis Club in League matches will be expected to adhere to the rules of that League and must be fully paid up members of Midhurst Tennis Club.
- Visitors may be introduced by any paid up senior member. Prior to playing, the member introducing them must note their name, visitors name and date in the visitor’s book.
- Only four visits per year are permitted before membership is required.
Use of the Club Facilities
- Members parking at the playing fields do so at their own risk. The club accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to vehicles and personal property.
- Members should ensure that the access code to the playing fields and clubhouse is kept safe and should not be disclosed to non –members or children under the age of 16.
- Members should ensure that the club house is locked in accordance with the instructions provided, the metal gate is locked and front gate is closed after leaving.
- Members should ensure that the clubhouse is left as clean and tidy as possible after use.
- The hot water and electric heaters must be switched off before leaving the premises.
- The water supply should be turned off after use and the system drained where there is a danger of sub- zero temperatures. Please refer to clubhouse notice for instructions.
- The ball machine should be used in accordance with the specific instructions i.e. children should be accompanied by an adult and the machine should not be used in wet weather. Any use of the ball machine must be recorded in the ball machine log, and the member will be billed at £2 per hour or part thereof.
- No member should organise an event at the club without the permission of the Chairman or Deputy.
Accidents Incidents and Emergencies All accidents or incidents should be recorded in the Accident Book and the Chairman Treasurer or Secretary should be informed where a serious event occurs. Emergency numbers are displayed in the clubhouse.
Midhurst Tennis Club – WELFARE OFFICER: Lesley Streak 07774 652492
Please see our policies below – click on these to download the full policy.